Thursday, January 31, 2008

21 months

guess what? i am really talking now...like 3-4 word sentences (mostly intelligible to mama) and i love to narrate my history of boo-boos. yesterday, i began to explain to baba and auntie yvonne how i got the boo-boo on my check with a very dramatic "bump" and "fell down" and i went on and on. i can also repeat most words i hear. my current best friends are emil ("emil"), korinna ("kina"), sava ("bada") and saachi ("saachi"). i talk about them daily, recap incidents, and give them hugs and kisses.

i've been busy, but what else is new! on mondays and fridays i go to toddler storytime at the palo alto library and then play afterwards with my friends emil and sava. on tuesdays i attend my toddler playgroup (my mama coordinates it), wednesdays and thursdays are days for excursions such as the museum or zoo. today i went with john and emil to the children's discovery museum in san jose and had a blast in the "wonder cabinet", an area specifically dedicated to children 3yrs and under. yesterday my baba and aunt yvonne came over while my dada and mama went out for coffee...i had so much fun with them. i especially love talking in animals sounds with my baba.
i still love drawing with pencil, pens, markers and crayons and lately have been into collage especially using blue painter's tape and animal images from magazines. i am still obsessed with animals but now can go somewhere and say goodbye to them. i continue to work on imitating animal noises and learning new animal names. all of this rainy weather has provided excellent puddles for me to splash around in - that is currently one of my favorite past times.

i've become a lot more particular about things, especially if i am not informed beforehand or if i'm tired or hungry. i like to say "no" a lot but mostly when i'm cranky. my personality is becoming more and more developed every day, and i'd definitely say i am no push over on the playground or in social settings.

No comments: