Friday, December 14, 2007

hello!

hi everyone...! as per my usual, i've been very busy with my social engagements, exploring the world and classes, etc. i've been combining more and more words lately to form statements such as "mama round-round" when i want mama to play ring around the rosies; and other statements such as "dada go nigh-nigh". i am able to repeat most words that i hear these days. in addition, i know many people's names and like calling people by their names or nicknames.

every week my baba and aunt yvonne ("aunie") visit me and take me out for lunch. this past week my uncle mike ("unc mike") joined us and it was a lot of fun! every week i have two playdates with one of my better buddies, korinna ("krinna") and we spend a total of 4 or more hours together each week playing with toys, running around outside, taking wagon rides and feeding each other food. in addition, my auntie lisa comes over about once a week and i have so much fun with her, riding her like a horsey, playing games, snuggling up with her to read a book.

i've been going to toddler storytime twice a week now, and really enjoy it, especially the part when stuffed animals come out of their hiding places, or when i get a stamp on my hand at the end or when i run around outside afterwards with my two buddies, emil and sava.

i celebrated my first night of hanukkah at my friend emil's house and we had veggie soup and latkes...it was delish! emil and i had so much fun running around the house and playing with his new train set.

i just finished my music classes and really enjoyed them...i now sing along to many of the songs, modulate my voice to the different tunes, and play instruments along with the music. in my daily singing, i often sing "gigi, papa, gigi, papa...baba, lisa, dada, mama" etc...

this upcoming week i see the pedicardiologist for a follow-up appointment to see how the tiny hole in my heart is doing. then the holiday celebrating bgins, starting on sunday with liz and the bags then continuing on to having company over dinner, then going to a cookie decorating party, then having my grandma rosie and grandpa david over for the following weekend. then, then, then...it's christmas eve, day and then my gigi and papa arrive!

oh and i am sick again...can't seem to shake this cough and now i have green stuff coming out of my nose. mama took me to the doctor today to just make sure everything was a.o.k. and that my lungs were clear...and they were. i was so good today at the appointment...when the nurse told me that she was going to take my oxygen, i stuck out my index finger for her (without her even asking!)...i guess it goes to show you how well i know the doctor's office. i sat very quietly and patiently through the visit with the doctor, and opened my mouth only briefly when she asked me to...but then tried to stick the tongue depressor in my mouth and said "ahh"...it was hilarious! i think it really helped that beforehand mama let me know what they were going to do and i got to draw (and erase) for a good 20 minutes on the big chalk board in the waiting room.

my love for figurines and animals grows more and more obsessive every day. i still have to be holding at least three in my hands at all times and surprisingly i get a lot of stuff done any way. i will completely forget them, and drop them cold on the ground, if i find something more interesting at that point in time such as an acorn. lately my favorite animals are the crocodile, ostrich, horse, pig, and elephant oh and my ducks.

i love making sculptural installations with such materials as colored pencils and strawberry baskets, or stacking my animals on top of blocks or creating an entire scene of animals interacting, talking, neighing, facing each other, waiting on a line to start a race. in addition, i love drawing and still request to "draw, draw" using my right hand to draw imaginary lines in the air when i want mama to set me up with materials to draw.

i'm running faster and faster these days and listening a little less at times and just continue to run, but then i completely suprise mama and dada with my extreme reasonableness. i love the word "no" and use it all of the time...especially in the majority of my responses to questions. occasionally i give a head nod, meaning yes, or say "ah", just to throw a bone to my parents.

No comments: