Monday, November 17, 2008

and october, november...


October flew by so quickly, Mama didn't even get a chance to post halloween photos (here they are, now). I was a giraffe and loved every minute of it until I joined our community Halloween parade and saw Elmo, a skeleton, and a dragon and I wanted to be those! I got lots of candy and said "trick or treat" dutifully and "thank you". Hey...I'm not sure where all the candy went, on second thought! Before all of the trick or treating business, the entire week prior to Halloween I went to two pumpkin patches - one with my friend Sava where we rode a train and played in a huge plaster pumpkin and ran through pumpkin patches and the other with my aunties Mary, Liz and Linda in Walnut Creek where I had my shoes nibbled on by the pig in the petting zoo.

Then Obama was elected and now I can answer the question "Who's the President (elect) of the United States?"...I love saying the name "Barack Obama" (see video at the bottom of this post). Sometimes I say "Barack Obama" other times I say "Barack Omama". I guess the indoctrination begins already!

I started going to a co-op preschool in October with three other kids on Stanford campus, formed by Mama and three other mothers. I go every Thursday for two hours; we have a letter and theme of the day, art/educational activities, snack and free play. I have so much fun and love wearing my backpack like a big boy to school!

Besides preschool, every week I take swim lessons, art class and music classes! I get so excited for all of these now. Today I went to my swim lesson with Mike and I can now swim under water kicking my feet and dive into the pool feet first! I don't cry anymore and I actually look forward to class, now! I'm so proud of myself! When I'm not in class, I love playing outside in the playground, meeting friends for playdates, playing with my animal figurines, reading books, and doing art. As of late, I've become a fanatic about my tricycle! I must ride it every day.

Just yesterday, I rode my tricycle (all by myself and with only about 1 block of mama carrying it with me holding her hand) all the way to the Farmer's Market and back! I took a really good nap after that. Then, when I woke up, I went to Fumika's 3rd birthday party and My Gym - where I worked up a sweat running around on the toddler/preschool friendly equipment (bouncy ball pit, trampoline, gym bars, etc).

I'm generally more cooperative and extremely affectionate these days. I give kisses to Mama all of the time and seem to be more happy than not lately. I think being able to use more words helps!

Kisses and hugs!

No comments: