Friday, May 8, 2009

Three Years Old

Wow! So, I'm officially three years old. So much has happened and I have grown so much. I am constantly asking Mama "Am I growing?"and "Will I grow into an adult?" and if everyone else is growing. I have so many questions about how things work, why they are what they are and it really keeps both Mama and Dada on their toes. I am loving school and started officially at the Rainbow School in April, just before I turned three. I had a few mornings where I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go, but as soon as I got there, Mama faded into the background. I've adjusted amazingly well and all of the teachers comment on how loving, well-adjusted, sociable and polite I am. It's a whole new world for me. I also am continuing with my Thursday co-op preschool with my friends Kaitlyn, Claire and Neil and we are becoming a close-knit group. Neil and I especially play well together and have similar energy. It's been great!

I turned three on April 22nd, and with that I invited 30 of my "closest" friends to my party. We had four art project stations set up, lots of food, and lots of yummy cupcakes. It was a blast! Afterward, Baba, Grandma Susan, Auntie Gilda, Uncle Norman, Eric, Kate and Elliott all stayed and sat around our fire pit and relaxed. It was the perfect way to end the day.

Just last weekend I went up to Davis to see my Mama's art exhibit as part of the Davis Ceramic Art conference. I loved looking around at all of the art exhibited by the many California college ceramic art programs. When I was visiting Mama's exhibit, a woman asked me "Where is your Mama's artwork?" and I showed her all of Mama's pods and other organic sculptures. Then she asked, "What are they made out of?" and I said "They are made out of clay" and then she asked "What would you like to make out of clay?" and I said "I'm going to make mountains!" and I gestured widely with my arms to emphasize the point.

I still have a huge love for tricycle rides. I take one every day with either Mama or Dada and I love collecting things on the way and putting them in my trunk. And I still love art and draw, paint or sculpt every day. I have been drawing a lot of jellyfish or octopuses lately, with (in my own words) lots of "tentacles". The other day I drew Daddy as an octopus with lots of tentacles. My favorite medium right now is an ink pen. In addition, my love for animals persists. This past week Mama and I went to Hidden Villa Farm, where we communed with the chickens, goats and the local cat. I especially loved the learning garden tunnel and "house" and played in those for a long time.

I'd say my life is pretty charmed!

No comments: